Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
WEF's annual Project Excellence Award pays tribute to excellence and innovation in the execution of projects and programs in the water sector.
- Entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Complexity of the water sector problem or situation addressed
- Future value to the water sector
- Innovation, originality, and creativity in solutions
- Sustainability considerations (environmental, social, and economic) including resource recovery
- Meeting the owning agency's needs particularly related to budget, schedule, project quality and/or cost effectiveness
- Contribution to the well-being of people and communities
- Up to three WEF Project Excellence Awards may be awarded annually. Up to three participating entities will be acknowledged and received the awards (e.g., owning agency or utility, the lead design firm, and the construction entity).
- Projects must be substantially complete at the time of the application. If portions of the project are not complete,only the completed portions of the project will be considered for that year's awards program.
- Nomination Form shall be submitted by the noted deadline
- The nomination form shall included signed certification from an official at the owning agency approving submittal of the project for consideration
- The nominations form shall be completed in its entirety, and the application shall not exceed 10 pages. In addition, a maximum 15 slide PowerPoint presentation may be included with photographs, charts, maps, and project information (graphics only, no audio or video)
Nominations Accepted from:
- WEF Member Associations
- WEF Members
- WEF Committees
A final copy of your nomination must be received by April 1.